Alternating Barred Chain Stitch is almost same as Barred Chain Stitch. The only difference is after each Chain Stitch, the direction of Twisted Chain stitches will change . That is, we have to do Chain Stitch and Alternating Twisted Chain stitch in pair. To embroider any uneven element; like- tree branches, this stitch can be used.
1. Pull out the threaded needle through fabric.
2. Do a Chain Stitch.
3. Insert the needle through A, which is on the left of the chain stitch and bring out through B.
4. Create a twisted loop; just like Barred Chain Stitch.
5. Do a Chain Stitch at B.
6. Then insert the needle at C, which is on the right of the chain stitch and bring out through D.
7. Continue the steps from 2 to 6.
The Picture Guide