This stitch is same as chain stitch. The only difference is, it’s done in two parallel lines. Visually, it looks like Herringbone Ladder filling Stitch or to some extent Open Feather Stitch. Double Chain Stitch is worked from bottom to top.
- Pull out the threaded needle through the left line’s starting point.
- Poke in through other line’s beginning.
- Take out the needle through a point forward to the starting point of the second line.
- Pass the thread over the needle and pull the threaded needle out.
- Poke the needle through the previous line’s starting point.
- Repeat the steps from 4 to 6.
The picture guide: