Heavy Chain Stitch or Heavy Braided Chain Stitch refers to a thicker chain stitch. The thread is looped twice to give a heavier vibe. Like reverse chain stitch or braided chain stitch, heavy chain stitch also starts with a straight stitch and continues reversely. After the first loop, the completed stitch looks like a lazy daisy.
1. Start with a straight stitch.
2. Pull out the threaded needle through a forward point to the straight stitch.
3. Run the working thread under the straight stitch and push the needle in to the point from where it came out.
4. Pull out the needle through another point forward to the lazy daisy stitch.
5. Like braided chain stitch, pass the working thread under the straight stitch again and poke the needle into the same point it came out from.
6. Take it out from a forward point.
7. Here, we will have two loops. Inner and outer. Run the thread under both the loops (Follow fourth picture).
9. Continue steps 6 and 7.
The Picture Guide: