Interlaced Band Stitch:
As it gives a Ladder like impression, this variety is also called Herringbone Ladder Filling Stitch. It’s better to do it with two different colored floss. Herringbone Ladder Filling Stitch embroidery looks gorgeous on any piece of fabric. This post is on Interlaced Band Stitch.
- Do two parallel rows of back stitch.
- Pull out the threaded needle beneath the first stitch of bottom row.
- Pass the threaded needle under the first back stitches of both rows without plucking the fabric.
- Wrap the thread around the upper row’s first stitch.
- Pass it under the crossing stitches.
- Wrap the thread around the second back stitch of lower row.
- Continue wrapping/ interlacing the back stitches of both rows likewise.
The Picture Guide: