A knot and a knotted Chain Stitch, that is how it is done. It sounds simple, and it is simple once you practice it. However, when I was learning it, I felt like I was not doing an excellent job. I have read somewhere that it has some similarity with Coral Stitch; I am yet to find it out, though. Ok, so let’s start with the process. To create, I have drawn a straight line on the fabric:
- Pull out the threaded needle through A on the line.
- Insert the needle through B and take out at C. These points are positioned on both sides of the line.
- Create a knot by winding the needle with the thread.
- Pull the threaded needle through to form a proper knot.
- After that, insert the needle through C and take it out at D, which is on the other side of the line, wrap the thread around the needle and pull it through.
- Continue doing these steps.