Lazy Daisy Stitch is very useful for embroidering flower petals and stems. It can be embroidered from any direction. It is worked just like the chain stitch. But unlike chain stitch, it stands alone. That’s why, Lazy Daisy stitch is also called detached chain stitch. This stitch can also be used as a filling stitch.
1. Bring out the threaded needle through the fabric.
2. Poke the needle down partially to the same point or next to the point where it came up.
3. Bring it up again maintaining a desired length.
4. Pass the thread over the needle.
5. Pull the threaded needle up entirely. Don’t pull the thread too much or too less, make sure the loop looks good.
6. Complete the Lazy Daisy stitch with a small straight stitch.
The Picture Guide: