Pekinese Stitch, also known as Chinese Stitch can be worked as single line or in clustered lines. The clustered lines give a beautiful look to any border. And the single line can be used to embroider different shapes. The elegant look it produces with gold or silver threads is sometimes second to none.
1. Do a line of back stitch.
2. Pull out the threaded needle through the outer corner of the first back stitch.
3. Wrap the thread around the joint of two back stitches without poking the fabric. Do not pull the thread too much.
4. Pull the threaded needle and wrap the next joint.
5. Continue the process till the last joint.
6. At the end poke the needle in through the outer corner of the last back stitch.
The Picture Guide: